Sunday, August 30, 2009

books thoughts

It's almost the end of August which means, September's just around the corner. :)
I can't wait for the Manila International Book Fair on Sept. 16 - 20, 2009 at 10AM to 8PM at Exhibit Halls 1-4, SMX Convention Center, Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City.
This is one of the major events I always wait for yearly. I can't miss it or else, I don't know what'll I do.. Just kidding. hehe..
Anyway, aside from the yearly book fair, the different bookstores around (I'm just not sure if all of them) especially National Bookstore (my favorite shop, hehe) also hold one of their yearly book sale during this period. That's why I try to keep away from buying books especially those internationally published and just wait for the sale to save on the price. hehe.
And so, National Bookstore announced their book sale which would run from August 28 - September 20, 2009. But of course, I'd still wait for the Book Fair and buy my books there since there would be freebies when you buy there during the event. So, I just walked aisle per aisle looking for possible books to buy and listed them for further considerations. I also dropped by Fully Booked for their display of new books and I found some nice ones which i included in my list.
When I got home, i researched one by one the books on my list, looked for reviews where I usually depend my decision if the books are of good read or not. After my "research", I was disappointed to find out that only 3 are good buys, 5 are so-so and 4 didn't get good reviews. Oh well, I have to look for other books to add to my list, else, I might go on a bookshoppingspree and buy books that I might regret later on buying..
So far, here's my books list (which I really hope will have more in the coming days) :
Be Careful What You Wish For - Alexandra Potter
Time Travellers Wife
Train Man - Nakano Hitori

No comments:

Post a Comment