Wednesday, April 8, 2009

romance novels - teleserye style

I just saw on tv the teaser of abs-cbn for their new show. They're going to do an adaptation of Precious Heart Romances (PHR) novels. At last the entertainment industry finally realized that there are a lot of good stories written by our very own writers. After checking on updates on the teleserye to start on may, i found out that they'd chose some of earlier released novels. I just hope they'll also do the other series and novels published by PHR. And like what the other avid readers say, we just hope abs-cbn does justice to their adaptation of these well loved novels.

I still remember back in college, we had this art appreciation class where we get to talk about any form of arts. I kept wondering why does our entertainment industry especially the movie industry keeps on making adaptations / remakes of international movies and telenovelas made famous by their original makers. I even attempted to do my book review on a Tagalog novel. Haha. Too bad my prof didn't approve, I wrote about a filipino published comic book instead. :)

Now, let me just reminisce on how I got hooked up on Tagalog pocketbooks. I think I read my first Tagalog pocketbook when I was in elementary. I would borrow some books from my auntie who reads them. I would even be reading them secretly since our parents are totally against pocketbooks, what more of Tagalog ones. Most people have this misconception that these kind of books are just for the maids, people from the province, the cheap, baduy population. What they don't know is that these books actually have more realistic stories since it's easier to relate to most of the characters in their stories. The authors try to "filipinize" and make their characters as close to the real people, aside of course from the times when their stories are fantasy oriented. When i was in college, it was then that I started actually buying my own pocketbooks. I would also still be borrowing and reading tagalog pocketbooks available in the library. But what were available in the library are the ones that I think are more of the classic / older version. hehe... My personal preference are more of the modern / younger generation written novels. Now that I'm working and earning, I'm having some difficulty in keeping all the books i've collected over the years. Just a few weeks before, I finally decided to just sell those that I like the least, to make space for the ones I really like, and the new ones to come. Hehe. Anyway, until now, I still haven't made any progress on my online shop. That, I'll update on some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment